Click HERE to view photos and highlights from the launch of “Make Waves,” hosted by SMU Cox School of Executive Education.
Why is it so hard for us to start big or small changes in our teams, organizations or community?
Our thoughts get in our way and we rely on the same steps that work for other situations. But, a true change, a wave, is different, says Patti Johnson, CEO of PeopleResults and former Accenture Senior Executive. A wave requires stepping out and building commitment that grows organically.
In Make Waves: Be the One to Start Change at Work and in Life, Patti Johnson shares how anyone can start or contribute to a wave by diving into topics such as:
- Relying on “What can I do?” in any situation
- Why having all of the answers can work against you
- Why you need Idea Partners
- How to get started – without a perfect plan
- The impact of true experimentation
- How to build a community around your wave
- Trends in the workplace and our culture that are transforming how change happens
- Why organizations committed to growth, innovation and personal accountability need more Wave Makers and how to develop them
Patti Johnson researched and interviewed an eclectic mix of Wave Makers, from leaders in business and the community, to entrepreneurs and new professionals, to explore the decisions and actions of individuals who started a change.
Watch the video of remarks made at the “Make Waves” launch party.
What’s your wave?